Just got ther latest version of Chrome, Googles “everywhere” browser.
Version 14.0.835.163 m appears to support the “Automatically detect settings” option in Windows.
This means that the browser behaves in the corporate envrinment without any silly workarounds, like forcing users to enter the path to the Proxy.Pac or entering the proxies manually.
This is a feature that just simply should have been in Chrome from day one but is a nice addition after so many iterations.
Wikipedia have feature changes as:
- Native Client (NaCl) enabled for apps in the Chrome Web Store.
- Web Audio API.
- Additional Mac OS X Lion feature support.
- Sync Encryption for all data.
- Print Preview on Mac.
- Experimental Web Request extension API.
- Experimental Content Settings extension API.
- DNSSEC validation of HTTPS sites.
So this is new.
Office 365 claims to be up 99.9%, that’s a downtime of 8 hours 45 minutes 36 seconds per 365 day year. Or 1 minute 26 seconds per day.
Recent outages have led to customers calling it “Office 364” but more seriously Microsoft’s infant service is now allegedly under ASA investigation for claims around these figures.
The Register article
Back ref: Google Change Management
- Posted using BlogPress